Saturday, December 12, 2009

What has big ears and a long nose?

A recent post by a sister blogger raised the question of what topics are appropriate for blogging. Is it important to steer clear of controversial subjects that might offend readers? Is it important to provide an upbeat message? To avoid negativity and whining? Frankly, these are questions that hadn't really occurred to me. My primary concern is achieving a reasonable level of truthfulness while protecting my own privacy and that of my friends and family members. And I'm finding that quite difficult these days. Some days I feel as if I'm blogging about everything but the elephant in the room. Actually, there are several elephants at home and at work. They are turning my life into a zoo! I wish I could send them back to their native lands, but they seem to have settled in for the long haul.

2 comments:

Robin Amos Kahn said...

Oh, yeah. I know exactly what you mean. I write blog posts in my mind that I can't possibly post, but it's fun to imagine them.

Robin Amos Kahn said...

Maybe I should write them on your blog and you can write them on mine? Like "my ex is an idiot."