Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One more thing to worry about



 Posted to a tree on Polk St.:
                  "Aerial Spraying in San Francisco
   "I am a resident in the lower Russian Hill Neighborhood.

   "For four months, I have been recording aerial spraying above our neighborhood and the entire city of San Francisco. Unmarked, jet planes put down grids, X's, parallel lines, and recently, someone sent me a photo where they recorded small circles sprayed above the lower Polk Street area. This photo was taken last week, January 12, 2012 around 1:00 P.M.

   "Since discovering the spraying, I have been paying close attention to our sky. I have found that we are being sprayed almost everyday in some manner. Sometimes the spraying is heavier and more obvious, other times the spray is not as thick and spreads out into a haze which stays above our heads, at times, all day.

   "I contacted our local officials with my photos of grids in our neighborhood four months ago. At first, they tried explaining these away as contrails, but once I sent them the obvious photos, they did not speak with me at all for several weeks. Now they are realizing they cannot hide this.

   "We need to ask our officials what they are spraying us with. I have spoken with some of our neighbors who state this has been going on for years, but they say over the past year the spraying has become very aggressive, as you can see in this photo from last week.

   "ASK QUESTIONS/DEMAND ANSWERS

   "I hope we can discover the reason for this blatant infringement on our rights as citizens. Most importantly, I hope we can stop this spraying until we know what its purpose is, what is in the aerosol and how we can protect ourselves on spray days."

2 comments:

Robin Amos Kahn said...

That is very scary, especially since that's where my daughter lives. Any news about it?

Mia said...

Actually, I thought it was a hoax, but then I read that there's a history of aerial spraying in SF to combat pests, including something called the light brown apple moth.