Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The more you trans, the more you form

I rarely take yoga at the unfortunately named Crunch gym anymore. My tastes and needs and available hours have narrowed, so gym yoga doesn’t usually work for me. But the yoga class I took today suited me in every way.


Not only did it incorporate safety (precise instructions) and adventure (handstands!), but it also included a good homily, a feature missing from much modern yoga. It’s a mystery to me how women half my age can sometimes deliver a little sermon that magically speaks to brain and body as it perambulates among the poses throughout the class. 


The theme today was change, how change is stressful, but no matter how unsettling it is, we clearly crave it because we practice yoga, which is all about transformation. 

No comments: