Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The feminized male

Other has always prided himself on being a feminized male. Now it's not just an attitude. After today's kidney-stone procedure, he is bleeding into his underwear (a little) and has a string hanging from his penis (to enable the stent to be pulled out in a few days). Now we gals know what it's like to have to wash our underwear and deal with strings, right? (Though for me the memory is fading five years into menopause.)

If anyone has ever felt any discomfort uttering the word penis, an episode like this is the cure: PENIS! PENIS! PENIS!

All went well, and if Other drinks his fluids and minds his diet, perhaps this will be the end of such discussions.

1 comment:

Robin Amos Kahn said...

I know someone (I won't mention any names) who had hemorrhoids and was bleeding and needed a sanitary napkin. He was freaking out.

I'm glad that the procedure went well and I hope it is the end this stressful chapter.