Friday, August 1, 2008

Tripping the light

Last night I was walking home, tired and cranky from too much work, and it was really pissing me off that there were so many rich, young (spoiled) diners and drinkers spilling from the flossy restaurants and bars that infest NoHo these days, reeking of perfume, flicking their nasty cigarettes, dropping their litter and shrieking into their cell phones. The whole scene is so dispiriting, I was thinking. I feel like a loser staying home while there's a party raging outside my windows half the night, but it's not a party I would want to go to even if I were invited. I was thinking sourly about how I'd like to move to Brooklyn or Hoboken, only property values are tanking, so I'm probably stuck in the party zone with all these riffraff for the rest of my life.

Then it dawned on me that the reason all those young hotties spilling their cleavage down to their zatch were out on the town carrying on and ruining my neighborhood with their jangled vibe is that they're looking for what I've got: a steady mate and a couple of nice kids. Perked me right up!

1 comment:

Robin Amos Kahn said...

And then when they get those things, they can have as much fun as we've had all these years!

Most of the time.